Sunday, November 21, 2010

My ramblings, bullet point style

- It was a bummer this week because I lost the race against all the other moms in Richmond for the good Thanksgiving books at the library. After going to 2 different libraries I got a couple of lame ones... oh well, will have to teach them about the holiday without books!

- When Max woke up from a nap one day this week he was super duper cuddly and it was just the best, we laid on the couch for like 30 min. It was so nice because he rarely sits still for that long.

- My hatred of daylight savings has grown by leaps & bounds this year.

- The conversations in our house are hilarious... I feel like I am living in a madlib

- I think our bout with the 1st round of colds & pink eye has come to a close! It was really sad when we had to give Neveah drops in her eyes. It would take both John and I restraining her while she screamed and put her hands over her eyes. We assumed it would be the same way with Max, but he kept his eyes open for me and died laughing with every drop saying that it tickled! They could not be more opposite.

- As I was getting ready the other day I over heard them doing devotions together in the chair in their room, they were talking about whether they wanted to read about Paul or Jesus... they decided on Jesus & started reading.

- I have just begun making things for advent conspiracy this year, there is so much to do!... please participate with us!

- Neveah has become obsessed with taking any kind of cloth she can get her hands on (dish towels, blankets etc...) and spreading them out so there are no wrinkles. She takes her time and cares a lot about it.

- Neveah has also been quite the bully this week. She has learned her strength and has been shoving Max when he is bugging her or wants to take something from him. It is tough to try to teach her to not hurt him, while also trying to get him to be tougher... he is a total weenie!

- I am so blessed/ excited to be a part of the family at Commonwealth Chapel. Robby announced his resignation this past week. We have known for a little while so we have processed all the different emotions involved... It has been amazing to see our church's response. Focused on God's will & ready for what is ahead. Riste said it well when he reminded the church that Robby is following God's will so it will be good for him & since he is following God's will, it will be good for our church. It is change, but it is good.

- Huge Praise for our family!!!! Our house still has not sold, but God still has provided for us. We are going to be renting it out for 2 years to a family from England. Our prayers since John lost his part time job earlier this year was to get our mortgage off of our backs and for this to happen without John having to work a 2nd job so that he can focus on ministry. Both of these prayers were answered this week and we are so thankful! We will be moving in 3 weeks though so that should be fairly crazy!

- I know that it is really random, but I felt God's peace about the whole move & uncertainty of where we will end up while me and the kids were having a dance party the other day. We were dancing and laughing and I felt God remind me that we are so blessed and will be fine wherever we are living. Packing begins tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. love y'all so . . . so glad that things are falling into place. we are excited to see how the Lord provides for y'all and Commonwealth Chapel. Exciting times ahead! Let me know how I can help you with the move . . . we can leave all of our kids in my yard and let them run out the energy! :) also, wehre is the new favorite playground? do tell . . .

    ReplyDelete