It has been fun coming up with the new traditions for our family to start doing together... I found these cute little mail boxes a while back so I got one for each of the babes and put them away for February... John and I wrote down 1 thing that we love about each of them on a card for every day of Feb. leading up to V-day. Though Max & Neveah didn't quite "get it" this year, next year they will love going to their mail box every morning to see the card and treat the mamma & daddy left for them. The 3 of us also made valentines for a bunch of the people we love... I wish that we could have made a lot more, but I couldn't get them to color anymore that day... it is very tiring being them!
Another fun tradition that John and I included the kids in this year is handing out flowers on campus at VCU. For the past several years along with the Chi Alpha students John and I have handed out hundreds of carnations to girls at VCU. We just attach a scripture verse and tell them Happy Valentines Day hoping that they will feel loved! Needless to say, Max and Neveah were a hit... who could turn down a flower from those two? I am lame and forgot my camera... I was so bummed. There was a really sweet student passing by that just started taking pics. of the kids so I asked her to email them to me... I really hope she does... I'll certainly post them when I get them.
For Valentines Day all 4 grandparents came over to babysit, and since they were in many loving and capable hands John and I went out for our traditional dinner at LaGrotta! It was so nice... and crazy that it was our 11th Valentines Day together!
Max loves his valentine balloon... he carried it around all day today
Love all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment