Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Family Olympics!

We really have the greatest friends ever! Since I was stoked about teaching my kids about the Olympics I thought it would be fun to have our own little Olympics at home with the 3 of us, then I thought it would be fun to make it a play date with a couple kids, then I thought it would be a bummer if the dads missed out on the action so we were going to get a few families together, then I thought it could be fun bonding for our community group = the first annual family Olympics was born! (Warning, there are so many pictures because they were all so funny I couldn't pick)

We had a play date the day before so the kids could make some signs, the torch, & all the medals... We had the national anthem, an air horn,  & lots of very official events.

The night began with the passing of the torch & lighting of the real one...

Then to the family relay race. This looks silly, but peeps had their game faces on and it was really intense competition going on.


The kids had a timed obstacle course... Neveah brought home the bronze in the younger age group and we still have to talk all the time with Max about why he didn't win a medal! He is a little scarred because he is sticking with that he was the fastest so he should have gotten a medal...

Mine were the youngest in their bracket & really did such a good job... how cute are they?


After every event we had an official medal ceremony


They are very proud of this picture.

We had a 2 year old race which was hilarious... these 3 are the cutest and toughest in the whole bunch!


Balloon shot put



The women all had to do a balance beam routine... I love my friends!




The gold medalist!


The men had to perform a rhythmic gymnastics routine... John got silver (I think he was robbed) I mean... he was the only one with a costume and Im sure you saw the video I posted earlier this summer... AHMAZING! All of the guys were hilarious!



Our beloved judge/photographer

My favorite picture of the gold medalist!




We all really think that our kids are lucky to have such cool parents... I'm sure when they are 13 and we are still making them do the family Olympics they will be thinking the same thing!
 

We think the Miller kids were doping... they all won gold




The night ended with a giant water fight = perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment