Sunday, May 29, 2011

Its OVER!

We have been living the dream with the kids... they are nearing 3 years old and have never attempted to get out of their cribs! That dream was shattered last night. Quick flash back to yesterday morning...

I heard a little yell telling me that they were awake and ready for me to get them. When I got to the door I heard them having a conversation so I stopped to listen.

Max: "I can't do it"

Neveah: "Yes you can Max"

Max: "No I can't do it on the turtle"

Neveah: "Do it on the ladybug"

Max: "Ok, I will try.... No, I don't think I can do it"

Neveah: "Do it Max, do it do it do it"

Max: "I can't do it"

Neveah: "I SAID YES!"

That is when I came in to see what they were talking about... I found Max with his leg hanging over the edge of the crib as he was getting up the nerve to jump. All of their pillow pets were on the ground outside of the crib.

Me: "What are you guys doing?"

Neveah: "We are getting out!"

Me: "Are you?"

Neveah: "Yeah, Max is going to jump out and bounce on the ladybug" (the ladybug pillow pet she threw on the floor for him)

- She is apparently the criminal mastermind and he is the goofy sidekick she can convince to do anything... we are nervous

- So last night Max had a hard time going to sleep and he eventually woke her up. John and I were sitting on the couch and then all of a sudden heard someone coming down the stairs. It felt a little bit like we were in a horror movie. She stood at the bottom of the steps in her pink night gown and just looked shocked. She said "I got out of my crib" and then burst into tears. I think it was an intense experience for the nugget! For the record Max came down the steps like 5 seconds later. Here we go...

2 comments:

  1. WELCOME TO MY WORLD!!!!

    It is incredible, isn't it? For the record, mine just figured out how to climb out of the pnp this weekend. not sure what summer vacation will look like for us anymore. If you have to sit on your kids to get them to go to sleep, I'm pretty sure that negates the whole point of vacation, right? fill me in on your masterplan of attack, okay? :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete