Thursday, March 3, 2011

A few things I want to remember

These little facts wont mean a lot to most people, but I hope that when I read these later on in life it will trigger my memory so that I can remember these little things about Max & Neveah.

- Max is the human rain delay... he just lolly gags where ever we go. There is always a need to stop and pick up a stick, rock, or leaf. He truly takes it all in! However, it doesn't matter if I am in a hurry or not. The other day I was super frustrated at him because he wouldn't get his little butt into the car and we were running late. I think he sensed my frustration because as I was buckling him into the car seat he said "Mama, you need to trust in the Lord!" So random, but I do agree with him.

- Max also told me the other day that there is a sharp spot on our coffee table (there is a little nail popping out) he told me that I need to stay away from it and don't touch it.
me: "Ok buddy I won't touch it"
Max: "Mama, look at my eyes."
(I look at him)
Max: "Do you understand mama? You should not touch this."

- Neveah's eating just hasn't improved... it is really funny what a mess she is, mainly because she is so concentrated on shoveling the food in at the most rapid rate possible and not worrying about the method, while Max stays true to form and leisurely works his way through each meal.

- I hope that our kids end up having a good sense of humor, but sometimes we get nervous bc the jokes they tell are just not that funny. For example, they think the noise "donk" is hilarious. They have started replacing words in songs with it. The other night we were getting ready for bed and I called Neveah by her full name... then Max came in and said "Neveah Ann... Donk" They both were in complete hysterics.

- If you want to get a fight started between my kids just tell them "never ever ever". They each will say that when the other one wants to do something just to get them worked up. Then it just goes back and forth with a "Yes I can." ... "No, never, ever, ever"... until someone is in tears. Oh the glorious car trips that are in our future!

- Max always has one small item in each hand. It could be anything from a rock to a Diego toy. If he picks something up then it will stay with him until he goes to bed at night. Today it was a piece of a lego that he thinks are his "noculars" and a fireman.

- Both kids pretend that their firemen figurines are their cell phones. They walk around the house talking on them... Neveah is typically talking to Mova when I ask her who is on the phone.

- Neveah typically tells me "I yub you" every time she leaves the room... she also follows it up with a hug and a kiss.. FYI a hug doesn't count unless you give a "mm mm" during the squeeze.

- Neveah thinks it is really funny to wipe off kisses. It is really cute/sad though because at bedtime Max really wants to give her kisses and she then wipes them off and laughs really hard. The sweet boy gets his feelings hurt and starts to tear up.

- Neveah still prefers us to all hold hands when we walk anywhere.

- Apparently since they are now experts at using the potty they both have started asking for privacy and wanting John or I to shut the door to the bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment