I cut out the leaves, but they glued them to the wreath.

With the extra leaves we made a fall garland, the kids attached the leaves to the string.
Enjoying the fall room.
We headed outdoors to collect some leaves for our next fall project.
Neveah really liked the crunching sound.
Then we took some of our leaves & flattened them in some books. The others we put under paper and did rubbings. It was fun watching the leaves appear on the paper!
Some night time reading with Daddy
We are o for 2 when it comes to pumpkin patches. This time John looked up a place close to us on the web. Apparently we are pumpkin snobs because we were just not impressed (it didn't feel "farmish" enough). I recognize the irony since we are also the people that buy our Christmas trees at Lowes, but I just was imagining this perfectly rustic experience in getting our pumpkins. We are holding out for the 3rd trip to get pumpkins tomorrow... At this place we just roamed around, grabbed a couple of pics, and went home without any pumpkins.
There was a chicken that the kids chased around.

Just not strong enough to lift this one.
Expecting this to be really cool.

Not as fun as he thought.

Since the pumpkin patch was a bit of a bust, we decided to rush through dinner at home so that we could start our new family tradition. Since it is getting darker earlier we went up to Libby Hill to get a good view of the city and watch the sun go down together. Our plan is to do this pretty regularly... it will be good for all of us to just sit together and take in what God has made. He puts on a show for us to admire everyday and until last week I can't remember the last sunset that I just sat and watched.

let me get this straight...there was a chicken chasing your children, and it DIDNT FEEL FARM-ISH ENOUGH? :-) Ps. love that flower in Neveah's hair and Max's fluffy hair.
ReplyDeleteBehind the chicken was a subdivision & then on the other side was a strip mall :) I wasn't game for a hayride with the scenery being a CVS & Blockbuster!
ReplyDeletegood post lace! thanks for sharing:)
ReplyDelete