Saturday, October 9, 2010

Check ups

We had Max & Neveah's 2 year old check up the week after their birthday... they passed! The Dr. was very impressed with both of their verbal skills, they also showed her how they know all of their shapes and colors. Apparently it is rare for kids their age to know their colors so well...I'm telling you my kids are brilliant, and I'm probably the only mom that has ever thought that too! For the record, they both can say the alphabet & can count to 13 (with the exception that Max leaves out the number 6)

I'll take a min. to talk about each of them on their own:

Max- 26lb. & 35in which is the 25th% for weight & 50th% for height

Max is incredibly verbal, in fact he pretty much never stops talking. He repeats EVERYTHING that we say and is talking mostly in sentences now. He has turned into Mr. Personality & loves entertaining people when they come over to our house. His face is so expressive and he cracks us up with his eyebrow move! He is such a little string bean, we are having a hard time finding pants to fit his skinny little self! Max is a huge sports fan. On Sundays when he wakes up from his nap he knows that he gets to watch sports with Daddy. He will sit still for a super long time just glued to the tv... if there is a commercial he hands the remote to John & requests another sport he would like to watch. His favorite is of course still basketball, but he has now also taken to golf & baseball. When you ask him he will tell you that his favorite golfer is Mickelson, his baseball team is the Red Sox, football is the Chicago Bears, & basketball is "Cuse".

One little story about how conversational Max is... He was already awake and John brought the really sleepy/cranky Neveah down from her nap. Max was immediately in her face (he is a close talker) saying "hey beah, hey beah. How are you, how are you, how are you (x 10). crackers good? crackers good? (x 10)" she was not in the mood to deal with him being so friendly & interested in how she was doing.

Things we are working on with Max are:
-His whining
-His lack of toughness. When he falls and is clearly not hurt John tells him to be tough, he asks "Max, are you tough?" Max always replies in a whining/crying voice "No!"
-What you say when you would like to meet someone:
Whenever we are out somewhere and he sees another person he points and says "Who dat?" the other day we were walking into a store and there was a GIRL who was sitting outside and Max pointed at her and said "there's a boy" (in his defense she was dressed pretty masculine) Every time he does that I try to explain to him that it would be better to say "Hi, whats your name?" and every time he quickly says "Maxe ada wagger" (his version of Adam Maximus Wagler). I cant get him to understand that HE needs to ask the question!!! We just keep going in circles with this lesson.

Neveah- just over 27lb & 33.5in tall... 50th% for weight & 25th% for height

Our little nugget has also grown so much in the verbal department. She is a little bit harder to understand, but is speaking in sentences and adding tons of new words every day. She is just not quite as chatty as her counterpart. Neveah LOVES to sing though. I think that she sings her ABCs 100 times a day. She has a really sweet little voice, one of the things I love hearing her say is "whatcha doin Mama?" as she is climbing on the stool by the kitchen counter to look at what I'm making. Neveah is super physical all the time, she has pretty much stopped walking and only runs... the funny part is that she is almost always yelling (in a loud funny way) while she runs. She really is freakishly strong & is climbing on everything! She has started becoming aware of her strength and has been using it to throw Max to the ground. The other day I heard both of them laughing and yelling & then all of a sudden his voice was muffled. I ran in to find that she was sitting on top of his back bouncing and his face was going in and out of a pillow... they were both in hysterics.

Neveah is super tough and rarely cries when she falls. I don't know how it happened because I am not, but she is also a girlie girl. Every morning when we are getting ready she tells me how she would like her hair & what she wants to wear. Note- it is always pink or polka dots... she is totally obsessed with both!!! She also instructs me that I need to wear pink! She loves holding hands and would prefer that we all walk together in a connected line everywhere we go. She also requests hugs all the time, I love it! If you were to ask Neveah her whole name she will tell you "Na Maxe Wagger", we CANNOT get her to understand that her name is not "Na".

Things we are working on:
- Being nicer- she can be a bit bossy!
- Not sucking her thumb.
- Not throwing her plate on the floor when she is finished eating.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these detailed tidbits about your kids! I read every word. You do such a great job blogging. And YES, they are brilliant, and this is coming from a mommy who totally things Riley was a Rhodes Scholar at two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always make me want to be a fly on the wall all the time!

    ReplyDelete