Thursday, August 26, 2010

Praise God!

Just a little update for the records. Surgery seemed to be the final solution to my ankle being fixed so John and I had an appointment with the surgeon this Tues. (thinking we were just going to be scheduling and learning what recovery would be like). The surgeon came in and gave us the only good news we have had yet about my ankle. Apparently they don't declare it a non-union fracture until it has been 6 months since the injury and he thinks that there is a lot of hope that it will heal on its own WITHOUT surgery. He reminded us that he was definitely telling us the truth since he is after all a surgeon and enjoys cutting people up! He sees a little bit of healing and believes that because of the way I broke it that it will just take a really long time to grow back together. All that to say, I am out of the boot and can do whatever I want, it hurts a bit but I can certainly deal for a couple more months if it means no surgery. I go back in 3 months to see what the progress is. Please pray with me that God will heal my ankle 100% during this little window of time I have been given! Thanks for all the prayers thus far!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is huge! I will set a reminder to pray daily. Holy smokes God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete