Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lately

This past week the kids both were sick and it was not so much fun around here... Thankfully they are both on the mend but these pictures capture how we all felt this week!





I bought Max and Neveah brooms so they could start doing their share of things around here, lazy bums.



My baby can read! These are Max's 2 favorite books... he says "moo" when he sees this one and "cakecake" when he sees the Runaway Pancake (which was one of my mom's books when she was little) Once you start reading one of these to them you must be prepared for at least 3 rounds.





Last week we had a visit from our friends Jordan, Denneny, and Haley that were here from Japan. It was so much fun catching up with them and we wish they still lived here!



Just to show you how much has changed in a year. We missed Shannon and her boys this time though!



Max is still doing the sweetest thing ever when you pick him up. He goes completely limp on your shoulder. He has become quite the snuggler/mamma's boy... it is so great! Both of them actually climb into me or John's lap all the time and will just cuddle for a few min. They are both such loving kids... I recognize I may need to reference this blog entry when the middle school years hit and I am sad because they don't want to cuddle anymore.



Table for two? Several mornings in a row they went in by themselves and had some tea together.



We had a fun visit with their great grandparents Marna and Bob.



Marna and Neveah were too busy playing to stop for a picture.



Chatty Kathy (Max) has been talking up a storm, I am so amazed at all the new words that he is saying everyday... they are both learning at such a rapid rate it is blowing my mind! Max repeats lots of words like car, coat, hat, yellow, please, up, help, etc... Neveah is great at the animal sounds and is sticking with up, dat, and nee (which all mean whatever she is pointing to at the moment!) The new and annoying game is to put as many toys in the radiator as possible... its just not safe.

Some of my favorite things about my kids:
(just a few highlights, there are too many to mention them all)

Whenever you ask either one of them where something is and they don't know they simply put their hands up in the air and shrug. A couple of times Max has even said "I don't know".

Neveah sings all the time, when you ask her to sing a pretty song she will do it on command!

They think it is so funny to tickle each other.

How snuggly they are.

That Max can say basketball and football and knows the difference between which one is on the "tt".

The way Neveah grabs my finger and leads to whatever she wants to show me.

Neveah smiles huge when you ask her where her teeth are... when you ask Max he just starts saying tee tee tee. (they love to brush their teeth)

When you ask Neveah if she is ready to eat she starts yelling with excitement and running at me. (hopefully a video to come soon)

Neveah now tries to walk up the stairs like a big girl instead of crawling up them. (this also makes me sad)

When Max makes a basket in the basketball hoop he claps and yells "yay" for himself.

John and I

In the little bit of spare time that I can scrounge up these days I have been sewing a lot... I really love it so much and have been learning as much as I can, just excited to have something creative to do and projects that I can finish during a naptime or two.

John and I have had a really nice winter break and have enjoyed the time to be refreshed, however are stoked that Chi Alpha has now started back up. We are in the midst of another busy season of minstry and love it! John has been speaking a ton lately, he spoke this weekend at church and if you want to listen to his sermon then just click here and then under the latest media section click the "Devout" part 4 sermon. I'm always so proud of him and the way that God is using his gift of teaching!

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can YOU? is a Riley FAVORITE! And you're right! He is brilliant if he can do all the sounds. That's a huge feat! Love the blog and yes, can't wait to stalk you too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SAD that we missed the MOIs reunion! Darn the sickness!!

    We have to get our barnyard animals together soon, once we are all healthy.

    Way to go on the sewing . . . I have been on a Christmas-overdose and am taking a hiatus. The projects are starting to pile up though . . . hmmm . . .

    ReplyDelete