Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mr. Personality

So a few months back I wrote a long post about some of the little things I love about Neveah.  Of course there is not enough time to ever document all the little things and moments I love about my kids, but I am trying to highlight some of them because I am so afraid I will forget what they are like at this age!

I wanted to take the time now to share some of the things about Max that make him so special to us. If you have spent any time with Max at all you are quite aware of the amount of talking he does. Literally from the second he wakes up til well beyond the time we have put him to bed is all spent talking! The boy has never met a stranger... several of our neighbors have commented to us about how they can not believe how outgoing he is... if you walk up our street and he is around, you will be forced to stop and have a conversation about what you are doing and of course WHY you are doing it! He is "that kid" in the commercials that is just saying "mama, mama, mom, mom, mama, mommy, mom, mom, mama" until my attention is gained! I love the conversations that we get to have because of this part of his personality... he is curious about everything and is quite knowledgeable on many subjects because he retains EVERYTHING you teach him! I do hope that he never stops wanting to talk to me :)

Max also has a bit of an "x" factor about him... I think its because of a combination of that personality with his big blue eyes :) There have been so many times that we will be in restaurants and people will just give us stuff for free because they like him... for real, we have gotten a ton of free food for no reason! He also knows how to work those eyes of his and his sweet little face... my friend Laura told me yesterday at VBS that he saw her giving her kids some change to put into the offering and he came up to her and said "Ms. Laura, do you have any money for me to give?" "We don't have any money at all....(enter batting of eyes here)". She was dying laughing thinking I was training my kids to start begging (which may or may not be a good idea) What she didn't know though is that I have taken away all of their pennies because it had become a huge argument the other day so for 2 weeks they have no money :)


 

One of his favorite things to do is when he gets to pick a country on the globe and then we learn all about that country and the people who live there... It is kind of amazing how much he knows about the world and where everything is! (he can even tell you where Dubai is)

Max is a very very sensitive child. This is something that I really treasure about him and though he needs to toughen up a bit when injured, I hope he never looses his tender heart! For example: A few months ago he cried while I was reading Goldilocks and the 3 Bears to him... literal tears because baby bear didn't have any porridge left to eat. He cried during Winnie the Pooh at a friends house because Tigger wasn't being kind to the kids, and again in a veggie tales movie because the gourd wasn't kind. He is very sensitive to the tone in voices (which helps keep me in check) and really cares about other people. A few months ago we were putting the kids to bed and Max was doing something that was making me laugh really hard... we were all laughing until I went over the edge and started crying because I was laughing so hard... this is not a concept he understands and I will never forget the look on his precious little face when he saw that I was crying... he then joined me in the tears and it took us a few min. to prove that Mama wasn't sad!

 A few bullet points on the boy:

- He has a huge crush on Madeline Miller
- Sometimes he calls me his "precious little mama" and it melts me
- he loves to cuddle
- he really loves playing with his matchbox cars lately
- is still a hilarious dancer
- has no fear of the water... which makes me scared of course
- he is a really good helper at home and will always help clean up the playroom (Neveah, not so much)
- he is really good at making friends and loves branching out
- he follows John around all the time and asks everyday if they can wear matching outfits (John is a huge fan of matching outfits :)
- he has a fondness for peeing outside
- he feels it is his calling to get babies to stop crying by being really silly
- he is still really really slow at most things (mainly because he is talking while doing them)  ie... putting on his shoes, getting in and out of the car etc... this is often frustrating, but at the same time he teaches us all to slow down and not be so rushed all of the time.




- This is how he approaches most things!
- He is so full of joy and has a truly happy heart!

Life is certainly always more enjoyable and exciting when Max is around. I'm so thankful for this little boy!




1 comment: