When we got back from the beach we took some jars of sand with us so that we could make art that would remind us of our vacation... the kids and I dyed the sand and then filled the jars back up... they are really really good about following directions when it comes to art projects, I was proud of their finished work!
A lot of the time this is what happens when I try to take a picture of Maximus.
One of the really nice things about our street has been getting to know our neighbors. Many nights during each week we are all out in our front yards hanging out while the kids run around. Both kids love playing with Emme, although her and Neveah have the most in common ie... princesses, coloring, mermaids, princesses, anything art related, oh and did I mention princesses? There are many little girls on our street and it is the cutest thing ever to look out of the door and see little fairies and princesses running up and down the sidewalk to each other's houses! Is this not the most precious picture ever?!
These next ones are super blurry, but I just need to document the insanity of Neveah's wardrobe choices for future blackmail.
Its very hard to climb in heels
Great aunt Janet played the role of the queen that day... less is more Neveah, less is more!
Neveah has been doing a lot of cooking for us lately.
We went to the squirrels game with some of our church family... it was super exciting bc our worship band was asked to play before the game while everyone was entering! Also, it was on our 11 year anniversary... not super romantic, but no worries we had a great date night a few days later :)

This is Tess... It is crazy because last time I checked she was 3! Max may or may not have a big time crush on this lovely gal!
John and Tino...
Mini John and Tino...

Max and his buddy Riley... there was just a giant crowd of kids playing in the stands while the moms just tried to keep everyone from tumbling down the side of the diamond. Im not sure any of them knew that there was a game going on.


We had a pre- fathers day/ Paw's b-day celebration in Amelia a few weeks ago. It was so great spending a Sunday afternoon with my dad's side of the family... My cousins made friends for life when they took Max and Neveah four wheeling!


Paw and 3 of his 4 grand daughters... He's a good lookin 85 year old :)
The kids and I spend one morning at the VMFA to admire the art... we also got to explore the beautiful outdoor space there... it really is a stinking cool art museum! I was crazy impressed when we were walking by some paintings in the modern wing and Neveah stopped me and said "mama! Its the Mona Lisa, look!" I stopped in my tracks and saw that indeed there was a picture of the Mona Lisa in one of the collages... so I asked Neveah how she knew what that was and she said she learned it on little einsteins (That is the show that they are really into at the moment and I love it!)
We have lots of little crayon bits around our house from broken crayons no one wants to use anymore so we recycled them and made new crayons the other day! I'm not sure if the kids or me were more excited, but basically we were all pretty proud of our handiwork! Lots of peeling, separating, and breaking...
Into the oven for the melting!
Tada!
Yes, his smile is fake, but she looked so cute I couldn't resist... This is the one I had to turn in for them to book their first modeling job :), but more on that little adventure later!
We went to check out the butterflies at Lewis Ginter. Though that place is one of my faves I have to say the butterfly exhibit was extremely underwhelming. Perhaps my expectations of butterflies everywhere and landing all over us was a little dramatic, but still there were like 10 butterflies and even half of those were moths just sitting on rotting fruit... maybe we went at the wrong time, but it was not that cool. Oh well, we still had a great time exploring the garden and having a picnic lunch with Daddy :)

























Whoa! so much to comment on! I LOVE the sand idea! We took some water and sand home with us last summer and it made me sad to watch the water get darker and darker and more dreary...yours is a much happier memory!:o) LOVE the crayons you made too! You'll have to tell me what you cooked them in. I am now mad at myself for throwing all the nubs away!
ReplyDeleteGasp!!! Never throw the nubs away :) I cooked them in a silicone brownie tray (which you can borrow), that way we could watch them melt in the oven. Pretty sure you can also use a mini muffin tin too... Ive also done it double boiler style in a tin can on the stove and then pouring into candy molds, I feel like the tray in the oven is better for kid involvement!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds so fun!
ReplyDelete