
I just wanted to take a post to talk about my pretty little girl. It is so interesting watching her and Max grow up side by side because more and more there are so many neat parts of their personalities that are emerging. It makes me so sad to think how quickly it has happened, but Neveah is now a little girl and not a baby... she is amazing. She loves all things pink, sparkly, and princessish. Im not sure I even own anything pink so we are not totally sure how this happened (other than blaming Honey). Neveah takes really good care of her baby doll and feeds her all the time... she is girl through and through. Here are a few of the many things that I love about her.
*If the choice was completely up to her this is what she would wear every day... pink sparkly outfit & skirt, yellow or pink headband with her hair down, socks, and ruby slippers.

*Nearly 100% of the time that I am in the kitchen Neveah marches in with a stool and puts it right beside me so she can help me... its one of those little things that is so precious to me.
* If you have met my son you know that he is quite the attention hog (we will save that for another post) Neveah is a little different... she doesn't mind a little attention, but typically doesn't fight for it. She wants to be included, but will often hang back and observe for a while before jumping in. She is not shy, but waits for the invitation to be drawn into the action most of the time.
* Girl keeps getting stronger... she picks up Max (her same weight) and carries him around. She still hasn't quite realized how strong she is, and though she seems to have no interest in sports thus far John can't believe how hard she can swing a bat!
*Veah has developed a love and talent for "making crafts". I truly think that she would do art all day every day if we let her. Her favorite thing to do is to "make pictures for people who don't have any pictures" she will use a huge stack of construction paper, spread it out all over the floor, very purposefully color a picture or "write words" on each card, fold them all in half, and sometimes cut shapes out of them. There are piles and piles of crafts all over the house. She takes a pile with her when we go places so that she can give out her pictures. When you tell her how beautiful they all are she gets the most precious proud look on her face and purses her lips to hide her smile. I don't have a picture of this look yet, but I will never forget it.


3 or 4 times a day Veah will come and give me presents... (too early to tell yet, but if I had a guess at the moment I think this could be her love language) Almost all the time it is a box, bag, or pot filled with lots of play food from her kitchen. She gets so excited to give it to me every time.

Neveah is also quite the party planner... she throws at least 2 parties a day. She is very particular about what food you are allowed to eat and when (we need to work on how controlling she is). Regardless, her parties are always a good time.



Neveah also has a very organized side to her. While I was in the shower the other day this is what she did with all of her books: (the photobomber strikes again)


* She organizes everything... I brought out the plastic Easter eggs the other day and it wasn't 5 min. before she had them spread out all over the ground and was first lining them up according to color and then creating repeating patterns. Neveah sees shapes in everything and is incredibly visual and creative... we found out this week that she is pretty good with math too. She told me in the car that 3+3=6. I said told her she was right and asked her where she learned that... she said "I just know it is". I thought that was a cute little fluke so at dinner I told her to tell John what 3+3 was and she did... then I asked her what 2+3 was and she counted to 5. John and I both looked at each other shocked because she wasn't counting fingers or looking at anything. We then proceeded to ask her more math questions and she kept getting them right... she probably answered 10 right before she got goofy about it. Perhaps this is not that out of the ordinary for a 3 year old and I am just blinded by love, but lets just say the other child in the fam. is not quite at that level with math so we are impressed!
* I could go on and on (and kind of have) but Ill end with what she says all the time to me... At random times throughout the day she will come to me and say "mama, mama, mama" and when I finally acknowledge her she just smiles and says "mama, I love you so so much". It is truly the best!
YEAHHUHHHHH VEAH IS SO STINKIN CUTE
ReplyDeleteLOVE that girl. I am still laughing at the 15 min. conversation she had with me about pajamas and how she does not like to sleep in pants, only nightgowns. :o) That picture you took of her in the golden crown is my favorite. And no, the math thing is NOT normal for a 3 year old. I think Riley is pretty bright but I am not so sure he could do that and am afraid to try now. Hah!
ReplyDeleteawhhh such a sweet post! I wonder if she would do well with music because of the visual and math aptitude? she could probably learn to read music so quickly!! love her!
ReplyDelete