We caught another sunset... M & N love taking pictures just so they can immediately look at the camera to see what it looks like.
John had a birthday! I took the kids to the dollar tree to let them pick out whatever they wanted to give him for his special day... Several times they had to be reminded that we give gifts that the other person might like, not what you would like. I did save John from getting a pink sponge, but other than that they did the selecting... Max picked a basketball washcloth and Neveah got candy canes. They wrapped them and everything.
Then before John and I went to dinner and the VCU vs Richmond game we all went and had cupcakes at Pearls... they are the BEST!
These are from Sept. when Uncle Eric & Aunt Crissy took the kids to the fair... I just got the pics so I thought Id throw them on here!


I feel like there are a lot of moms out there that try to plan fun and different things for their families to do together... once in a while there is one that just kind of flops. When the kids and I go on walks we always pass "the castle" aka Agecroft Hall... of course we never go in, but they had a free Christmas event so I thought it would be pretty cool to check out our castle. The best part was actually when John was waiting in line because the kids and I had hot cider and explored the gardens. There were people dressed up in Dickens costumes and it was super festive. Once we got inside it was pretty lame, but all Waglers were good sports.



One of the exciting parts of December was getting to open the advent calendar every day... there was candy and part of the Christmas story to read.


Carmen-Sophia from preschool came over with her mom so that we could prep for the preschool party the next day... apparently my daughter is short.

Their class is so cute! We read a book, played games, did a craft, and ate treats! I will say that I read the book "Big Hungry Bear" to the class. This is just a simple non-emotional book and there is a page that says that the big hungry bear doesn't get any Christmas presents. None of the other kids skipped a beat, but I looked at Max and his eyes were full of tears and he had the saddest little expression. (I have no idea where he gets his extreme sensitivity from)
This wasn't what we really meant when we said you can now eat your gingerbread house.

I love Lewis Ginter gardens so much! We brought some friends with us this year to check out the lights.

making snowman cupcakes with the Rhoden fam.
The kids performed a song in sign language on stage at the national the week before Christmas... Neveah's performance was very similar to her preschool one although we were so proud of her for going up on stage without crying this time! Truly their buddy Gio stole the show and was completely hilarious!
We hosted our 2nd annual gingerbread house making party... much fun was had by all! It was the most fun chaos ever!
I have to add that it has been a gorgeous December so after the kids consumed all the candy available they went outside to burn it off!
Christmas was approaching quickly so once the kids were done with preschool we had to get busy making our presents! Our friend Misty came over to help and we made tons and tons of treats!



Neveah and I went to our traditional Christmas tea at the Jefferson with the Priddy girls, but this year we added in some of the other girls in our family too.
We are so happy to have Grandma & Grampy here!
weirdos
Veah and her Honey


Brooke and Piper didn't quite make it for the traditional pic, but we had fun chasing Piper around while they were there!

We were in a little video talking for Advent Conspiracy for church... Joey sent this frame to us from his editing... thought it was funny what Max was doing while we were talking. I had no idea thats what was happening.

Official Christmas post coming soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment