Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Is their birthday over yet?

Because of all the craziness in our life this summer we decided to not throw an "official" birthday party with the kid's friends... however, all of their best friends who are in their twenties (I swear thats normal for 3 year olds right?) revolted and demanded a party! So a month later we had one... it was def. a party for the kids, but it was also a way for us to thank and celebrate some of the people that spend so much time pouring into our family! I wish we could have had everyone that we love both young and old over together, but since this year we couldn't do it all please know that we are so thankful for all of you who are a part of our village!

We were preparing some gifts to give our guests... what could be better than original paintings?




Can you find the ham in our family?




I then had a lot of help decorating the cupcakes! Pictures are blurry bc I couldn't leave them unmanned for a half a second... they were the most heavily sprinkled & most sanitary cupcakes ever! Don't worry, I threw away the one Neveah literally sneezed all over :)


After all the busyness of moving it was so nice to just spend time laughing and making things again, I have missed that a lot!


After preparing all day... the party began!








Max and Neveah love all their aunts and uncles!


There were many thoughtful and generous gifts from many... people try to spoil my children! Uncle Johnny is one of them... he likes to buy gifts with wheels. Max got his first skateboard & Neveah got a pink scooter.


After like an hour of wrestling with the packaging Uncle Sledd opened the scooter.


Then the test drive!




Rock and Roll


Watch out Leonard Parkway... here we come! The kids are OBSESSED with being outside on all their various wheels, I truly can not keep them in!

While these pictures are cute, they make me really sad because I think my babes are officially in the kids category now.




I was making dinner and kept hearing outside Max yelling "Mama, Mama, come see my tricks". Ready for lesson #2 Johnny






All of a sudden Neveah has decided that she likes to pose for pictures... Ill take it!








"Yes, Lauryn she is doing the sorority pose without being prompted!"


To keep them entertained in the backyard Honey & Paw got them a swing set for the big b-day... Max was very helpful in the assembly and only hid a couple of key parts. It took many many long hours, but the team ended up getting it together (a week later when Paw came and did it by himself)




We took a family trip to CMOR... it is like a whole new place now that they are at an age where they play in all the different areas... again, cute and sad... I need to get over it.






We had a fun visit with the Rhodens... these are the cutest pics ever!!!


2 comments:

  1. The skateboard pics of Max ROCK! We need to get Riley some more wheels then, because he loves to be INSIDE!!!!! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete