Sunday, October 9, 2011

Big changes for Big kids

In the same week these two went to preschool, moved to big kid beds, and we moved into our new house. John and I were so proud of them. They just rolled right through what could have been really tough transitions. Both of them have just been so much fun and easy going... we are so grateful for their little personalities that just go with the flow!

They were stoked to go to preschool!!! We went and met Miss Gina and the other peeps in the class the day before and they could not wait to get there! We had a special breakfast... "Who is ready for preschool?"


Then off we went.


Of course I had super high hopes to send them with super cute new tote bags that I had made... when I was thinking about staying up til at least midnight the night before school started so that I could get them done I had to have a reality check... they DO NOT care! It was only for my benefit so I had to let it go and send Veah with my tote and Max with a grocery bag :)




This was the first of what is now the high light of every Tues. and Thurs. Seeing them get walked out to the car. They are just so cute and little walking out of there grinning from ear to ear. They are so excited to show me everything they made and tell me all about the day... oh I love it so much!




Neveah still talks about how another girl wore the same shirt as her that day... how is this starting now?!








That day one of their best buddies Jacob had a killer birthday party. They partied hard with all their church friends and were probably the most tired ever after a full day of school and then jumping for hours!

Neveah and Kyle enjoying dinner.




We moved Friday night so naturally we had a family birthday party on Sunday afternoon!!! It was fun even though we were surrounded by boxes. The kids had what are quite possibly our families last half moon cakes from New York. John has had one every year since he was a little kid and since Grandma & Grampy are moving here we wont be getting them any more... though we are happy to make the sacrifice :)






Not sure who was more excited about the new dress ups...


The great grandpas




4 generations




Yes, when Max is wearing a hoodie the hood still stays up ALL DAY LONG.






A super tall basketball hoop




Veah immediately put on her pink princess dress and rarely does a day go by where she doesn't at least wear it for a few min.


Mandie & Other Eric got them Sweet Frog shirts to sleep in... cutest gift ever!!


We have such amazing families and it was great to celebrate with all sides in one place!! Next year perhaps we will be more organized with our b-day efforts :)

1 comment:

  1. they are so big! And I can happily tell you that four really is all people said it was. It may take a month to set in but FOUR is where it's AT! But squeeze them and cuddle them hard because it's also super sad to see them so grown up. :O(

    ReplyDelete