
Neveah & her great aunt Janet

Horrible, but the only pic. of the 4 of us!
This one is my favorite of my 2 handsome boys

Neveah has decided that she no longer enjoys having her picture taken so all of the ones I have were candid and not really great.

Max, however loves having his picture taken and is willing to pose at a moments notice.

One thing she does love is when I make her stuff. The goal is to keep making her Easter dresses until she no longer thinks its cool, but it is the best reward right now bc when I put her dress on her and told her I made it for her she said "oh Mama, I love it so much!"


Backing up a bit to our pre-Easter activities:
I love starting the traditions that our family will carry on every year so it was fun figuring out what we would do to tell the story of Easter in a way that our kids might remember & understand. I found this recipe last year and couldn't wait to do it with the kids this year. We made Easter cookies and every part of the recipe represented a part of the Easter story. John told the story while I helped with the cookies. We started by breaking pecans & graham crackers (due to the nut allergy) because the soldiers beat Jesus and hurt his body.


After we added in all the different parts the nuggets helped with the mixing.
Then we put them in the oven and sealed it shut just like the stone sealed the tomb. We had to go to bed without any cookies because we had to wait until Easter morning.
Neveah was checking on them in the morning to see what had happened.
It was time to take the tape off. When you bit into the cookies they were hollow just like the empty grave! What a fun surprise on Easter morning.
Last weekend we also celebrated our buddy Gio's birthday... again, group shots were a little difficult.
Max was very helpful to the birthday boy.

The other night the kids didn't want to go to bed so John told them that was fine and that he was going to go sleep in Neveah's crib. He ran upstairs and both kids started freaking out saying "no Daddy, no don't sleep in my crib" we all ran up after him. Of course I thought he would be pretending to climb in or something, but no he was totally cuddled up in Neveah's crib... good test of the crib's strength I suppose. Then the kids joined him.

We had a family fun day at Maymont & the nuggets spent most of the time running up and down a hill.
So glad I caught this bc it was totally unprompted
I love this picture of Max... the snot, the dirty face, that is how he is most of the time
Some pictures of our garden that we have been taking really good care of. There are many different varieties of flowers that were all made by Max & Neveah.



We also dyed eggs during our Easter prep. These are the survivors... we learned the word fragile that day!
Yes, Max does a lot of things without clothing lately.


these are awesome. neveah's face in the crib is HILARIOUS and also on the church stairs.
ReplyDeletegonna make them into minimodels i promise. <3 julia.
Love keeping up with your beautiful family! We also do those Easter cookies and I am always climbing into Nora's crib. I used to nap with Sean in his crib. It's actually very comfortable! haha
ReplyDeletelove love love the pics laceface.
ReplyDelete