Sunday, December 12, 2010

To the Burbs!

Well, we have moved (even though there is still a lot to do at the other house). Thanks to good friends that helped us last week & to Grandma & Grampie for supplying the temporary location for our family! We are settling in and the kids have been so great. By Monday Neveah started asking to go home so I took them back to the other house to say a proper goodbye... they helped clean up a bit & it must have brought closure because she hasn't asked to go back! We will miss our house & the memories that we had there, but are so thankful that God provided a way out!



Part of settling in has meant getting ready for Christmas, not going all out on the decorations, but we do have a little tree & nativity set!


Max & Neveah have been playing with the nativity set that was mine as a kid. Though Max insists that one of the wise men is Joseph. Here he is asking him how he is doing. They both put the angel on their fingers the other day & ran around yelling (in a really deep voice) "Don't be afraid."


We put a little tree in their room & they love it so much.




Participating in the Wagler family tradition of laying underneath the tree & singing Christmas carols.




Putting the finishing touches on our first Christmas craft.




After many mishaps along the way we finally have our Christmas tree up & decorated. For the truly rustic experience we went to Lowes to pick it out. They pointed out the perfect tree.


It was too cold to even move that night.


Tree ended up a little bottom heavy with ornaments so I had to do a little rearranging afterwards.


Unrelated, but I just think that its funny bc this is Max's method for sock removal. The kids are getting really good at getting themselves dressed & undressed, but socks must be taken off while laying down!

1 comment:

  1. I read the ornament smashing blog post first, and I was all, "where is there carpet like that in there house? and when did lacy paint their room green??" Then I scrolled down and I remembered....

    ReplyDelete