John & I both were the kids that told our kindergarten classes that Santa was dead. We were both raised without believing in Santa... My parents always taught us about the real Santa (Saint Nicholas), they taught us about historical figure who did in fact die. John and I have always talked about how we will not choose to do the traditional "Santa thing" with our kids. There are a lot of reasons why we chose this route... Mark Driscoll wrote an article that really articulates well the way that we think about all of it.
*** disclaimer to those that also read John's blog... I told him I was going to blog about this & he "didn't hear me" & blogged about it as well, so same article.
click here for Santa article
"didnt hear me" HAHAHA. I told Jared the other day, one day we are going to be in front of God in heaven and he is going to vindicate me on all the times you "didnt hear me."
ReplyDelete