Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2, 2001



Today 9 years ago John & I got married! Today is a day to remember and celebrate the day God brought us together as well as celebrate the 9 years we have been a family!

I am so thankful for the husband that God has given me. I am so thankful for the way that he leads our family. I am so thankful that every decision he leads us in is focused on growing closer to Christ and how our family can be used to spread the love of Jesus. I am grateful for our relationship and for the way that we are able to challenge each other in our faith.
It is truly difficult to believe that it has been 9 years, and yes, that is what everyone says with anniversaries & kids birthdays.... however, it is so true! It was so long ago that I had to scan in the photo above! Let me take a second to just remember.

The way things were:

-We lived in the west end
-I was in college
-John was just starting his job at Clough Harbour
-We attended WEAG
-No kids
-Adam was with us
-John's grandpa & grandma Bono were both alive
-All of John's family was in New York

Since then:

-We have moved a bunch and have landed in the city
-I now work at Commonwealth Chapel part time, but am a full time mom
-John was called into ministry (something I never would have guessed was going to happen) and is now able to do that full time
-Along with the call to ministry God asked us to leave the only church family that I have ever known (a place we both loved). He placed us at Commonwealth Chapel... we have felt so fulfilled serving in the place God asked us to serve...started a youth ministry, leading a college ministry, & now also focused on the discipleship part of the larger church
-After many years of waiting we now have twins that are almost 2
-Eric, Chris, Mandie, Justin, & Jordan have now lived in Richmond for 8 years... Ann & Glenn are on their way sometime next year!

So many more things have happened along the way, just wanted to highlight a few. I'm sorry if this is a boring post for some of you, but I think it is good to remember where God has brought you... I am humbled by his faithfulness to our family.

3 comments: