Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Ache

The Ache is still there all the time. I miss my brother so badly. Today marks the 8th anniversary of losing him. I am always so thankful for how full my life is and always has been. God has blessed me with so much and I fully acknowledge that I don't deserve any of it. In all of that fullness there is still a missing piece that will remain until I see him in heaven and his name is Adam. It is weird because not only do I miss all of the things that I know and love about him (there is not enough room in the blogosphere to write them all), but I miss all of the things that never got to happen. I hate that my kids will never know their uncle Adam. I hate that I never got to see him get married or become a dad.
I miss being a big sister. I really miss his stupid humor.
There are no words to describe what a horrifying night that was 8 years ago. So much was taken from us, however I am so thankful for a loving God, a strong husband, and rock solid parents. God has healed all of us so much since then, so much has changed and what a gift Max and Neveah have been. God has blessed us with new life in our family and the joy they brought with them cannot be measured. I am without a doubt still being healed, some days still hurt more than others, but I think it is always going to ache. I miss my tall goofy brother and I would love a hug from him right now.

6 comments:

  1. aw, lace, thanks for sharing! i can only imagine what a special & fun guy your brother was. praying for ya especially today. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. laceface you and your family are on my heart i love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacy, you have been through so much yet you can still see God's light shine upon your face each and every day! I look up to you so much! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacy, this brought tears to my eyes and I can relate in so many ways in regards to my mom's death. I always think of your family on March 4. And I'm always so appreciative of your mom's support and encouragement over the years. Adam was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lacy...
    i just saw you had a blog. i cried while reading this. i am so thankful that God has blessed you with your sweet babies, wags and your awesome family! you deserve every blessing! i love you. i can't wait to see Adam too!!

    ReplyDelete