I have a couple min. to blog bc John is currently trying to set mouse traps to catch the furry little friend that wants to live here... he keeps setting them off on himself and getting mad and I am laughing so hard!
On Christmas Eve morning we packed up our 2 little babes and nearly everything we own to head up north to spend what may have been our last Christmas in New York. Bittersweet for sure! (bitter because I love going to New Hartford and sweet bc it will mean that Ann and Glenn are in Richmond with us!) John and I were anticipating the worst with two 15 month olds in the car for approx. 10hrs, however we actually had a very nice day in the car together! We left our house at 10am and arrived around 8pm at his parents house. Max and Neveah didn't sleep very much at all, but enjoyed playing and looking out the window... we didn't even turn on the DVD player until 4 in the afternoon. It was nice to have just the 4 of us together, there was lots of laughing, good conversation, and I even got a couple of sewing projects done! Not the traditional Christmas Eve meal I know, but it was quite amazing that Max ate his first McDonalds hamburger (he ate the entire thing without me breaking it apart for him!) Neveah wanted nothing to do with it, but the poor girl is allergic to ketchup, among many other things, so I dont blame her for not wanting a naked burger.
When the rest of the family got home from church on Christmas Eve we all ate Tony's pizza and wings and then opened presents together. John and I made our gifts because as I have mentioned before we participated in advent conspiracy . It was a great night of just laughing and eating together.
Christmas morning will forever be etched into my memory. At home the kids normally sleep until 8, but they woke up at 7 that morning and just started talking to each other in their pack and plays. John and I were on the other side of the basement so they couldn't see us, so they just kept talking and laughing together. We laid there for an hour just listening to their precious little giggles and I just kept thanking God for the way that he has blessed us. Max and Neveah bring us so much joy and I have learned so much about my heavenly father through parenting them, I just felt so blessed and thankful that morning. What a gift!
Once we all stumbled out of bed Ann cooked us a huge breakfast and we once again ate together (there was a lot of eating that week... I will stop mentioning it.)
Then we moved onto the obscene amount of gifts that everyone got for Max and Neveah (apparently everyone refused to let them participate in advent conspiracy) It was ok though because it was also fun to see how much joy everyone gets out of spoiling our children! The kids had a great time opening all of their gifts... and to everyone in all of our families... Thank you for all that you have given to them, your generosity has been a huge blessing to us and has taken a big load off in that we have never had to buy them any toys, ever!
The rest of the day we just spent eating and hanging out with great grandma and grandpa Wagler, Ann, Glenn, Eric, Chris, Mandie, Justin, and Jordan. (while also missing the rest of our extended family still in Richmond) Eric spent the better part of the day assembling the pink pony. (our rule is that if you give a gift then your assembly of it must also be part of the gift)
All in all Christmas day was a really special day... it was really nice being together and also seeing how sweet Max and Neveah's cousins are to them! (they really are the best)
- I need to get some pics from Glenn of the kids opening gifts, but here are the few that I have
Neveah had her grandpa Wagler wrapped around her little finger... notice the cookie she is eating for breakfast

ready to go with the gifts
loving the candy cane
Max and aunt Chrissy learning how to use the remote control car


Four generations of Waglers...
Max and Neveah are lucky enough to have 3 sets of great grandparents
Neveah and her great grandpa Wagler
love this post :-)
ReplyDelete